20 Oct Mortgage Loan Originator
Website Mountain West Financial, Inc.
Mountain West Financial is highly focused on people. Our team, fondly referred to as our MWF Family, and our valued clients are the “why” behind everything we do, every decision we make, and our moral compass that drives our vision and goals. Since 1990, Mountain West Financial has built a reputation of not just putting people into any loan, but putting our clients into home loans that suite both short and long term goals. We are passionate about being an Employer of choice and earning the right to be a Lender and partner for Life.
Examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of customer applications for residential real estate loans by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and is responsible for compliance with legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Interviews applicant and requests specified information for loan application
- Requests property appraisals, applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation with applicant according to established standards, such as fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Obtains loan approval within specified limits or refers loan-to-loan committee or underwriting department for approval.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for residential real estate loans.
- Advises loan manager of external factors that may affect established lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations. Recommends and implements appropriate changes to established policies and procedures.
- Promotes and cross-sells other established products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
- Provides loan data to support marketing and sales promotion programs.
- Assists customers with inquiries and information requests, and resolves complaints relating to loan products and services offered.
- Must be in compliance with the SAFE Act
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- NMLS License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Loan Origination Software